A BNO visa tax advisor is a qualified tax professional who can help British Nationals Overseas (BNO passport holders) with their UK tax affairs. BNO passport holders are entitled to live and work in the UK without a visa, but they are still subject to UK tax law. This means that they may need to pay UK tax on their worldwide income, including income from overseas sources.
A BNO visa tax advisor can help BNO passport holders to:
- Understand their UK tax obligations
- Register with HMRC
- Complete their tax returns
- Claim tax reliefs and allowances
- Deal with tax disputes
- Plan for their future tax liabilities
Why do you need a BNO Visa Tax Advisor?
There are a number of reasons why you might need a BNO visa tax advisor. These include:
- You have complex UK tax affairs, such as overseas income or property investments.
- You are not confident in your ability to complete your own tax returns.
- You have been contacted by HMRC about your tax affairs.
- You are planning to move to the UK or leave the UK.
How to find a BNO Visa Tax Advisor
There are a number of ways to find a BNO visa tax advisor. These include:
- Asking friends or family for recommendations
- Searching online
- Contacting the Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) or the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT)
What to look for in a BNO Visa Tax Advisor
When looking for a BNO visa tax advisor, you should make sure that they are:
- Qualified and regulated by the ATT or CIOT
- Experienced in dealing with BNO passport holders
- Up-to-date with the latest UK tax legislation
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely
What to expect from a BNO Visa Tax Advisor
When you meet with a BNO visa tax advisor, they will:
- Discuss your individual circumstances
- Advise you on your UK tax obligations
- Help you to prepare your tax return
- Claim tax reliefs and allowances on your behalf
- Deal with any tax disputes on your behalf
How much does a BNO Visa Tax Advisor cost?
The cost of a BNO visa tax advisor will vary depending on their experience and the complexity of your tax affairs. However, you should expect to pay between £100 and £500 for an initial consultation.
If you are a BNO passport holder and you are unsure of your UK tax obligations, you should consider seeking the advice of a BNO visa tax advisor. A qualified tax advisor can help you to understand your tax liabilities and ensure that you are compliant with UK tax law.
In addition to the above, here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- BNO visa tax advisors are not the same as immigration advisors. Immigration advisors can help you with the process of applying for a visa, but they cannot provide tax advice.
- If you are a BNO passport holder and you are unsure of whether you need to pay UK tax, you should contact HMRC for advice.
- You can find more information about BNO passport holders and UK tax on the HMRC website.